Sign Up To Receive Updates
Use Contact to send a comment or receive updates from BellaireCivicClub.com. Thanks!
SPOTLIGHT: Priority Meetings and Announcements
MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL -May 20, 2019, at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers – Public Hearing – A Beautiful Bellaire, LLC, for an amendment to the City’s Official Zoning District Map
SPRUCE/FIFTH AREA: Construction has begun on Fifth Street between Bissonnet and Spruce on the first block of ‘streetscapes’ in the area. Be prepared for narrow lanes and one-way travel
NEW CONSTRUCTION PROPOSED AT BISSONNET AND NEWCASTLE
Bissonnet Medical Plaza
Recycling, organic gardening, less pesticides – all win/wins for our kids and our community. So are reusable bags!
Find informative articles here.
What About The Small Stuff?
100 Years of Bellaire History!
And for a terrific photo history check this out:
Little FREE Libraries
You’ll find Little Free Libraries popping up throughout Bellaire. Take a book, leave a book, whatever suits your fancy. This one’s in Loftin Park, others can be found in Evelyn’s Park, Ware Family Park, plus private LFLs. “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin
New Bellaire High – Expected Completion in 2022
No More City Of Homes?
According to the City manager and staff our longtime City logo, representing Bellaire as a City of Homes, will soon be gone, thanks to City Council and the $50,000 branding study. Read more here.
Find Bellaire and West University News Here
Do You Know Of Any Leaks At Or Near Water Meters?
Leaks at or near water meters have been reported around town. City crews make repairs for some residents, but others are advised to call a plumber. Check with the City, ask if Siemens is responsible for the repair. Find more information on the Siemens contract under City Studies on the main menu. If you know of any leaks please let me know via Contact.
HOUSTON A YEAR AFTER HARVEY: WHERE WE ARE AND WHERE WE NEED TO BE
Jim Blackburn, J.D. Professor in the Practice of Environmental Law, Rice University; Philip B. Bedient, Ph.D. Herman Brown Professor of Engineering, Rice University © 2018 by the James A. Baker III Institute for Public Policy of Rice University Read more here.
Bellaire Flood Plain Elevation Map
Link to Harris County Flood Map (include your zip code)
Using a Flood Insurance Rate Map
FEMA Flood Map Service Center
How Base Flood Elevation is Determined
Find information on Flood Insurance here: https://www.bellairecivicclub.com/are-you-covered-up-to-date-on-your-flood-insurance/
HCFCD – Brays Bayou Updates
Find Updates on the actions of the Harris County Flood Control District actions that affect Bellaire and Southwest Houston – the Brays Bayou Watershed.
Bellaire Comprehensive Plan
Click to review the Bellaire Comprehensive Plan
An Aid to Understanding Our Flooding Problems
2019 State of the City
- Bellaire – Back to Basics? Sounds Like A Plan!
- Bellaire’s Future & the Status of the 2016 Bond Funds
- Can We Place Our Faith In Bellaire’s Zoning Ordinances?
- Affordable Housing Proposed – Glenmont @ South Rice Avenue
- What Is The Swift Tower Update? What’s Next For The World Trade Center Piece?
- Flood Mitigation Task Force Meeting March 26, 2019
- Council Meeting March 4, 2019 – “Vote No Bonds” and A Raise For City Manager
- Welcome To A Lush Grove?
- How Much Debt Is Too Much?
- How Is Our City Money Being Managed?
- State of the City presentation on February 4th, then Council Votes 6 to 1 To Proceed With Spruce/Fifth St Project on the 18th
- 15. Bellaire’s 10th Decade 2000 – 2008 A Centennial Year
- Cost Savings Won’t Lower The City’s Debt – See A Debt Comparison Courtesy Of The Texas Comptroller
- What’s All This About Downtown Redevelopment in Bellaire?
- About Those Bids for Spruce and Fifth + Maple and Bolivar
- A Sidewalk Petition and Some Fireworks at the January 28th Council Meeting!
- 2019: Drainage Plan – Town Hall Meeting – Spruce St
- A Master Plan For Wasteful Spending – While Harming Local Businesses
- City Council Update on Spruce/Fifth St Leads To An Unpleasant Exchange; The 4th Quarter Financial Report Is Available
- Chapter 14 – Controversy and Changes In The Last Decade Of The 20th Century!
- A New Addition To The Menu: Our Environment
- Yes to Chevron Property, No to Car Wash, Pause in the Sidewalk Saga
- 2019 Budget is Adopted – Future Bond Program Planning Session – A Possible $47 million Bond Issue in 2019
- Bellaire History In Tangible Form – The Centennial Walk
- Answer The Call For A Referendum on Sidewalks
- What Happened To That $55 Million Dollars?
- Bellaire’s History: The 1980s – Bellaire Special TIFD District Formed to Rebuild Downtown
- Property Values, Tax Increase, and Our Burgeoning Debt – Good Evening, Mayor and City Council,
- How Do City Bonds Work?
- Bellaire: A City Divided
- Chapter 11: The 1970s – The Bellaire Recall of its Mayor and Council Members
- Spruce Street – Not In My Backyard! But The City Manager Just Won’t Give Up. Why?
- A 4 to 2 Vote and We Get 5 Foot Sidewalks
- Chapter 10 of Bellaire’s History – The Sixties – Momentous World Changes
- Open Letter to City Council: Debt
- Stand-Alone Sidewalks On Hold For Now
- The Community Pathways Plan Hits A Dead End At Bellaire City Council
- Chapter 9 of Bellaire’s History – The Fifties Boomtown
- City of Bellaire- Proposed Budget FY 2019
- Bellaire Community Pathways – And The Nightmare on Spruce and Fifth Streets
- Are You Covered? Up To Date on Your Flood Insurance?
- Chapter 8 of Bellaire’s History – Turbulence After WW II – 1946-1949
- P&Z Does Not Approve the Pathways Plan – Due to Move On To City Council for Review
- Do We Need A Revolving Door At The New City Hall?
- Pathways Project – The Latest Version
- Council Priorities and the Minutes of the Pre-Budget Planning Workshop
- The City Manager’s 7 Steps To Beautify Bellaire
- Spruce and Fifth Street Neighborhood Meeting – What Will Happen To Local Businesses?
- What’s With All These Bellaire Plans and Studies?
- Bellaire Agenda: Mayor and Council Special Session (Pre-Budget Planning Workshop)
- Pathways Plan Is Under Scrutiny
- Takeaways from April 16th City Council Meeting
- City of Bellaire – A Bully Pulpit Or Just A Bully?
- City of Bellaire Website – User Friendly?
- Is Our City Logo Still An Issue?
- Who Is Promoting the Spruce Street Project? And Why?
- What’s the Hallway in the new City Hall that will house art?
- Article from the Houston Chronicle – Warning of More Flooding Ahead
- Bellaire History is at your fingertips thanks to Lynn McBee
- Why This Sudden Interest in Spruce Street?
- How Does the City of Bellaire Spend Taxpayer Money?
- What was included in the 2016 Bellaire Bond Election?
- Branding, Pathways, Spruce St – What’s Up at Bellaire City Council?