Bellaire City Council approved the final numbers for the 2023 City budget on September 19, 2022. First up was a vote to retain the current property tax rate of $ .4473, approved by 7-0. A hearing on the tax rate is scheduled for October 3, 2022. Find the complete FY2023 budget here.
- After much discussion Council approved a 3.5% step increase, to be awarded in January 2023, and a COLA (cost of living increase) of 2.5% per the general pay plan.
- Council also agreed to set $15.00 per hour as a minimum wage as of October 1, 2022, for City employees on the general pay plan. Council will revisit employee pay via a compensation study later in this fiscal year.
- Property tax revenue for 2022 increased by $1,077,182, a 4.86% increase.
- The final budget assumes General Fund Revenues of $24,584,417 (pgs 11-13) and anticipated Expenditures total $29,281,964 (pgs 14-16) of the budget document).
- NOTE: Fund transfers between the General and Enterprise Funds are included in the Revenue and Expenditure totals.
- Proposed Enterprise Fund revenues are $10,983,540 and operating plus non-operating expenses total $11,018,552. (pgs104-106)
- The City’s bonded debt as of 9/30/2022 is $104,945,000. Debt service FY2023 will cost $6,250,000.
- Find proposed Capital Improvements FY2023 here
Email questions, comments, or concerns to the Mayor and members of City Council and request that they be forwarded by our City Clerk, Tracy Dutton, at email@example.com