I’ll try to keep everyone up to date on the actions of the Harris County Flood Control District actions that affect Bellaire and Southwest Houston – the Brays Bayou Watershed. Based on the list of stakeholders the only organization in our area of Brays Bayou is the Brays Bayou Association based in the Meyerland area. Please send me information on other articles via the contact link, upper right on the Menu.
Most information will be via links to other websites, that’s the simplest way to provide the updates. The most recent will be at the top of the list.
- KPRC Channel 2 Report
- March 7, 2019 Meeting Cancelled
- HCFCD – 12, 2-19 Meeting – Framework developed from previous stakeholder meetings will be presented to Harris County Commissioners Court for review.
- Flood Control District Changes Plans For Ardmore Bridge Closure, Houston Public Media, November 29, 2018
- Bridges Over Brays Bayou To Have Higher, Wider Spans To Improve Flow Stormwater Flow, Houston Public Media, November 19, 2018
- HCFCD Community Engagement Meetings
Between June 5 and August 1, 2018, the Harris County Flood Control District hosted 23 Community Engagement Meetings in each of Harris County’s 22 watersheds (plus Halls Bayou, a tributary of Greens Bayou), to gather public input and ideas, and to answer questions about the 2018 Harris County Flood Control District Bond Program.
> Summer 2018: Executive Summary, Community Engagement Meetings
> Summer 2018: Individual Watershed Summary, Community Engagement Meetings
Now that the bonds have passed, opportunities for further community engagement will be available for each project.
As part of the preliminary engineering process conducted near the beginning of each project’s development stage, and prior to a formal Preliminary Engineering Report being presented to Commissioners Court for approval, the Flood Control District will conduct a public meeting in a primary project watershed to solicit public comments about the project.