Bellaire has come a long way in the last 100+ years and thanks to longtime resident Lynn McBee the City’s history will unfold on these pages.
October 28, 2022: Sadly we lost Lynn this past weekend. Her volunteerism, historical perspective on city adminisrations, and her skill in maintaining a written record of Bellaire’s history will be missed.
A Bellaire historical article first published in 2008 will be posted every 2 weeks or so and the table of contents will grow accordingly. Click on the title to access a complete article. Welcome to Bellaire, Texas!
BELLAIRE — OUR TOWN
By Lynn McBee © February 6, 2008
2. First Decade – Marketing and Promotion
4. Details of Life in Early Bellaire
5. The Second Decade – 1918-1929
6. The Depression Decade – 1930-1939
7. Post-Depression and WW II – 1939-1945
8. Turbulence After WW II – 1946-1949
10. The Sixties – Momentous World Changes
11. The 1970s – The Bellaire Recall of its Mayor and Council Members
12. The 1980s – Bellaire Special TIFD District Formed to Rebuild Downtown
13. Bellaire History In Tangible Form
14. The 1990s – New Faces in Governments At All Levels
15. Bellaire’s 10th Decade – 2000 – 2008 – A Centennial Year
Lynn McBee – City of Bellaire Inventory of File Box Contents – Donated to RICE U-Fondren Library 9-2017 – Contact the Woodson Research Center
Bellaire Historical Documents and Maps