Sign Up To Receive Updates
Use Contact to send a comment or receive updates from BellaireCivicClub.com. Thanks!
SPOTLIGHT: Priority Meetings and Announcements
SPRUCE/FIFTH AREA: Construction has begun on Fifth Street on the first block of ‘streetscapes’ in the area. Six members of City Council are responsible for the destruction of one of the most functional areas of our central downtown. Businesses are already in trouble.
Visit HarrisVotes for all polling places.
Runoff Election Saturday, December 14, 2019.
New Medical Building At 4460 Bissonnet @ Fournace
Medical offices are under construction.
Recycling, organic gardening, less pesticides – all win/wins for our kids and our community. So are reusable bags!
Find informative articles here.
Watch City Meetings via Computer or TV Check local channels for live meetings. Videos are usually available by the next day.
No More City Of Homes?
According to the City manager and staff our longtime City logo, representing Bellaire as a City of Homes, will soon be gone, thanks to City Council and the $50,000 branding study. Read more here.
Find Bellaire and West University News Here
HOUSTON A YEAR AFTER HARVEY: WHERE WE ARE AND WHERE WE NEED TO BE
Jim Blackburn, J.D. Professor in the Practice of Environmental Law, Rice University; Philip B. Bedient, Ph.D. Herman Brown Professor of Engineering, Rice University © 2018 by the James A. Baker III Institute for Public Policy of Rice University Read more here.
Bellaire Flood Plain Elevation Map
Link to Harris County Flood Map (include your zip code)
Using a Flood Insurance Rate Map
FEMA Flood Map Service Center
How Base Flood Elevation is Determined
Find information on Flood Insurance here: https://www.bellairecivicclub.com/are-you-covered-up-to-date-on-your-flood-insurance/
FEMA: Substantial Damage/Substantial Improvement
HCFCD – Brays Bayou Updates & New Flood Maps
Find Updates on the actions of the Harris County Flood Control District actions that affect Bellaire and Southwest Houston – the Brays Bayou Watershed.
Do You Know Of Any Leaks At Or Near Water Meters?
Leaks at or near water meters have been reported around town. City crews make repairs for some residents, but others are advised to call a plumber. Check with the City, ask if Siemens is responsible for the repair.
New Bellaire High – Expected Completion in 2022
Little FREE Libraries
100 Years of Bellaire History!
And for a terrific photo history check this out:
- Proposed Development – Bissonnet @ Loop 610 – UPDATE
- A Quick Update On The November 5th Election
- If Bellaire Can Afford A $280,000 EMS Ambulance, Why Not A Ford Pickup Truck?
- ChristChurch Presbyterian in Bellaire Is For Sale
- The Sky’s The Limit! At Least For Now…
- Bellaire Planning and Zoning – A Primer
- 4800 Fournace Place – P&Z Meeting – UPDATES
- Did Bellaire Voters Miss The Fine Print in the 2016 Bond Election?
- Bellaire Council’s Careless Oversight – $6.5 Million Dollars of Bond Funds
- All That Debt – Where Has The Money Gone?
- Where Do We Stand On The $12.8 Million Siemens Contract?
- Mike Jacobs – A Presentation to Bellaire City Council, September 9, 2019
- Bellaire – Back to Basics? Sounds Like A Plan!
- Tax and Spend – Bellaire Council’s Budget Session #3 and Some Updates
- Bellaire Budget FY2020 – And The City Manager’s Hit List!
- Bellaire Property Taxes Up 25% Over The Next 5 Years?
- 4800 Fournace & 5901 South Rice – Development & Apartments – Undermining Residents and Our City of Homes?
- 4301 Bellaire Blvd – Can We Trust Our Zoning?
- Bellaire’s Future & the Status of the 2016 Bond Funds
- Flood Mitigation Task Force Meeting March 26, 2019
- Council Meeting March 4, 2019 – “Vote No Bonds” and A Raise For City Manager
- Welcome To A Lush Grove? Now It’s Migrated To The City’s Website!
- How Much Debt Is Too Much?
- How Is Our City Money Being Managed?
- Council Votes 6 to 1 To Proceed With The Spruce/Fifth St Project at 2/18/2019 Meeting
- 15. Bellaire’s 10th Decade 2000 – 2008 A Centennial Year
- Cost Savings Won’t Lower The City’s Debt – See A Debt Comparison Courtesy Of The Texas Comptroller
- What’s All This About Downtown Redevelopment in Bellaire?
- About Those Bids for Spruce and Fifth + Maple and Bolivar
- A Sidewalk Petition and Some Fireworks at the January 28th Council Meeting!
- 2019: Drainage Plan – Town Hall Meeting – Spruce St
- A Master Plan For Wasteful Spending – While Harming Local Businesses
- City Council Update on Spruce/Fifth St Leads To An Unpleasant Exchange; The 4th Quarter Financial Report Is Available
- Chapter 14 – Controversy and Changes In The Last Decade Of The 20th Century!
- A New Addition To The Menu: Our Environment
- Yes to Chevron Property, No to Car Wash, Pause in the Sidewalk Saga
- 2019 Budget is Adopted – Future Bond Program Planning Session – A Possible $47 million Bond Issue in 2019
- Bellaire History In Tangible Form – The Centennial Walk
- Answer The Call For A Referendum on Sidewalks
- What Happened To That $55 Million Dollars?
- Bellaire’s History: The 1980s – Bellaire Special TIFD District Formed to Rebuild Downtown
- Property Values, Tax Increase, and Our Burgeoning Debt – Good Evening, Mayor and City Council,
- How Do City Bonds Work?
- Bellaire: A City Divided
- Chapter 11: The 1970s – The Bellaire Recall of its Mayor and Council Members
- Spruce Street – Not In My Backyard! But The City Manager Just Won’t Give Up. Why?
- A 4 to 2 Vote and We Get 5 Foot Sidewalks
- Chapter 10 of Bellaire’s History – The Sixties – Momentous World Changes
- Open Letter to City Council: Debt
- Stand-Alone Sidewalks On Hold For Now
- The Community Pathways Plan Hits A Dead End At Bellaire City Council
- Chapter 9 of Bellaire’s History – The Fifties Boomtown
- City of Bellaire- Proposed Budget FY 2019
- Bellaire Community Pathways – And The Nightmare on Spruce and Fifth Streets
- Are You Covered? Up To Date on Your Flood Insurance?
- Chapter 8 of Bellaire’s History – Turbulence After WW II – 1946-1949
- P&Z Does Not Approve the Pathways Plan – Due to Move On To City Council for Review
- Do We Need A Revolving Door At The New City Hall?
- Pathways Project – The Latest Version – June 2018
- Council Priorities and the Minutes of the Pre-Budget Planning Workshop
- The City Manager’s 7 Steps To Beautify Bellaire
- Spruce and Fifth Street Neighborhood Meeting – What Will Happen To Local Businesses?
- What’s With All These Bellaire Plans and Studies?
- Bellaire Agenda: Mayor and Council Special Session (Pre-Budget Planning Workshop)
- Pathways Plan Is Under Scrutiny
- Takeaways from April 16th City Council Meeting
- City of Bellaire – A Bully Pulpit Or Just A Bully?
- City of Bellaire Website – User Friendly?
- Is Our City Logo Still An Issue?
- Who Is Promoting the Spruce Street Project? And Why?
- What’s the Hallway in the new City Hall that will house art?
- Article from the Houston Chronicle – Warning of More Flooding Ahead
- Bellaire History is at your fingertips thanks to Lynn McBee
- Why This Sudden Interest in Spruce Street?
- How Does the City of Bellaire Spend Taxpayer Money?
- What was included in the 2016 Bellaire Bond Election?
- Branding, Pathways, Spruce St – What’s Up at Bellaire City Council?