No More City of Homes?
According to the City Manager and staff our longtime City logo, representing Bellaire as a City of Homes, will soon be gone, thanks to City Council and the $50,000 branding study. Read more here.
Financial Management or Mismanagement?
Even as they discuss the need for more debt due to critical infrastructure needs, some members of City Council seem unapologetic about budget items such as $4 million of stand-alone sidewalks. Read More Here.
An Aid to Understanding Our Flooding Problems
HOUSTON A YEAR AFTER HARVEY: WHERE WE ARE AND WHERE WE NEED TO BE
Jim Blackburn, J.D. Professor in the Practice of Environmental Law, Rice University; Philip B. Bedient, Ph.D. Herman Brown Professor of Engineering, Rice University © 2018 by the James A. Baker III Institute for Public Policy of Rice University Read more here.
Link to Harris County Flood Map (include your zip code)
Using a Flood Insurance Rate Map
FEMA Flood Map Service Center
How Base Flood Elevation is Determined
Find information on Flood Insurance here: https://www.bellairecivicclub.com/are-you-covered-up-to-date-on-your-flood-insurance/
Update on Bellaire’s Floodplain Management
- What’s All This About Downtown Redevelopment in Bellaire?
- Cost Savings Won’t Lower The City’s Debt – See A Debt Comparison Courtesy Of The Texas Comptroller
- 2019: Drainage Plan – Town Hall Meeting – Spruce St
- A Master Plan For Wasteful Spending – While Harming Local Businesses
- City Council Update on Spruce/Fifth St Leads To An Unpleasant Exchange; The 4th Quarter Financial Report Is Available
- Chapter 14 – Controversy and Changes In The Last Decade Of The 20th Century!
- A New Addition To The Menu: Our Environment
- Yes to Chevron Property, No to Car Wash, Pause in the Sidewalk Saga
- 2019 Budget is Adopted – Future Bond Program Planning Session – A Possible $47 million Bond Issue in 2019
- Bellaire History In Tangible Form – The Centennial Walk
- Answer The Call For A Referendum on Sidewalks
- What Happened To That $55 Million Dollars?
- Bellaire’s History: The 1980s – Bellaire Special TIFD District Formed to Rebuild Downtown
- Property Values, Tax Increase, and Our Burgeoning Debt – Good Evening, Mayor and City Council,
- How Do City Bonds Work?
- Bellaire: A City Divided
- Chapter 11: The 1970s – The Bellaire Recall of its Mayor and Council Members
- Spruce Street – Not In My Backyard! But The City Manager Just Won’t Give Up. Why?
- A 4 to 2 Vote and We Get 5 Foot Sidewalks
- Chapter 10 of Bellaire’s History – The Sixties – Momentous World Changes
- Open Letter to City Council: Debt
- Stand-Alone Sidewalks On Hold For Now
- The Community Pathways Plan Hits A Dead End At Bellaire City Council
- Chapter 9 of Bellaire’s History – The Fifties Boomtown
- City of Bellaire- Proposed Budget FY 2019
- Bellaire Community Pathways – And The Nightmare on Spruce and Fifth Streets
- Are You Covered? Up To Date on Your Flood Insurance?
- Chapter 8 of Bellaire’s History – Turbulence After WW II – 1946-1949
- P&Z Does Not Approve the Pathways Plan – Due to Move On To City Council for Review
- Do We Need A Revolving Door At The New City Hall?
- Pathways Project – The Latest Version
- Council Priorities and the Minutes of the Pre-Budget Planning Workshop
- The City Manager’s 7 Steps To Beautify Bellaire
- Spruce and Fifth Street Neighborhood Meeting – What Will Happen To Local Businesses?
- What’s With All These Bellaire Plans and Studies?
- Bellaire Agenda: Mayor and Council Special Session (Pre-Budget Planning Workshop)
- Pathways Plan Is Under Scrutiny
- Takeaways from April 16th City Council Meeting
- Weekly Memos From City Manager
- Bellaire City Library Received 2017 Achievement of Excellence in Libraries Award
- City of Bellaire – A Bully Pulpit Or Just A Bully?
- City of Bellaire Website – User Friendly?
- Is Our City Logo Still An Issue?
- Who Is Promoting the Spruce Street Project? And Why?
- What’s the Hallway in the new City Hall that will house art?
- Article from the Houston Chronicle – Warning of More Flooding Ahead
- Bellaire History is at your fingertips thanks to Lynn McBee
- Why This Sudden Interest in Spruce Street?
- How Does the City of Bellaire Spend Taxpayer Money?
- What was included in the 2016 Bellaire Bond Election?
- Branding, Pathways, Spruce St – What’s Up at Bellaire City Council?