- Concerned about our ballooning debt, aging infrastructure, future water rates and tax increases?
- Want to see new streets, improved drainage, and decent lighting along our residential streets, not concrete pathways and stand-alone sidewalks?
- Feel it’s important to apply our financial resources to flood mitigation and our aging infrastructure, not expensive streetscapes and added maintenance?
- Believe in our City of Homes and protection of our residential zoning ordinances?
- Bothered about City Council’s closed meetings and City management’s lack of transparency?
Why not consider running for City Council? Three City Council seats and that of Mayor will be on the ballot this Fall. Pat McLaughlan is term limited and cannot run for office this election, seats held by Trisha Pollard, David Montague, and Andrew Friedberg will be up as well.
If you feel that Bellaire needs new, independent residents on City Council and you think we need a change, apply for a place on the ballot. The main requirements are residency in Bellaire, as an owner or tenant. Dates to file are Monday, July 22, 2019, to Monday, August 19, 2019, by 5:00 PM. Check with our City Clerk, Tracy Dutton, at 713-662-8275 or by email at email@example.com
A group of concerned citizens are willing to put their support towards qualified candidates. Interested? You can let them know via the Contact form: https://www.bellairecivicclub.com/contact-form/