Agenda for September 28, 2023 @ 6:00 PM Joint Special Session City Council and Planning & Zoning
Find information on all Current and Upcoming City Meetings
Comprehensive Plan Update – Please send your ideas and comments anytime. Comprehensive Plan Comments.
Interested in composting? Check out Buchanan’s Composting 101 article.
Find other informative articles here.
Find a link to Bellaire’s ESB Learning Academy here.
Problems with stray cats? Residents can borrow a live trap from the BPD, or buy and share a communal neighborhood trap. After TNR please plan to feed them if they stick around. For low cost spay or neuter check with:
Check with SNAP https://www.snapus.org/houston/.
Friends for Life https://friends4life.org/programs-and-events/fixhouston/
TNR Houston site: https://www.houstontx.gov/barc/trap_neuter_return.html – Very Helpful!
Houston Humane Society: https://www.houstonhumane.org/
PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING TO THESE ORGANIZATIONS.
100 Years of Bellaire History!
October 28, 2022: Sadly we lost Lynn McBee in 2022. Her volunteerism. historical perspective on city administrations, and her skill in maintaining a written record of Bellaire’s history will be missed.
Click on the Trolley to view the Table of Contents for Lynn’s history of Bellaire. Great information on your Home Town!
I couldn’t resist a photo of one of Bellaire’s manhole covers.
And for a terrific photo history check this out: www.bellairebook.com
New Bellaire High – Completion in 2022
Construction on the new Bellaire High school is complete. The original building was demolished during the week of July 13-17, 2021. Find more information here.
Left Overs From the 2016 Bond Issue
Spruce and Fifth Streets – Now the subject of a lawsuit, the $3.2 million in contracts for this project called for completion by February 15, 2020. A drive through the area feels as though you’re in a rundown fun house. Here’s some background on this project.
No More City Of Homes?
According to the City manager and staff our longtime City logo, representing Bellaire as a City of Homes, will soon be gone, thanks to City Council and the $50,000 branding study. Read more here.
Brays Bayou Association News
Brays Bayou Association News
Brays Bayou Trail at 610 information from our good friends at the Houston Parks Board…click link!
Old Brays Bayou Photos!
What Are Flood Barriers? Check out the Meeting on March 20, 2023
Update on the 610 Bridge
New FEMA Flood Maps Due In 2023
Flood Issues – Insurance, Flood Elevations, Subsidence
How Base Flood Elevation is Determined
Find information on Flood Insurance here: http://www.bellairecivicclub.com/are-you-covered-up-to-date-on-your-flood-insurance/
HOUSTON A YEAR AFTER HARVEY: WHERE WE ARE AND WHERE WE NEED TO BE
Jim Blackburn, J.D. Professor in the Practice of Environmental Law, Rice University; Philip B. Bedient, Ph.D. Herman Brown Professor of Engineering, Rice University © 2018 by the James A. Baker III Institute for Public Policy of Rice University Read more here.
Articles on Causes of Flooding in Houston
FEMA: Substantial Damage/Substantial Improvement
Little FREE Libraries
Find Bellaire and West University News Here
- Methodist Hospital Alternatives – Bellaire City Council and Planning and Zoning Commission Joint Special Session
- Harris Health Care Event.2; Noise Ordinance; Public Hearing On Tax Rate & FY2024 Budget
- New Temporary Offices For Public Works – Renovation of Dog Pound
- 2023 Election News For The City Of Bellaire
- Bellaire Comprehensive Plan Review – Special Session for City Council and Planning & Zoning
- Holly Street Trail: Over A Quarter Of A Million Dollars Spent From 2014-2020
- Public Hearing – Bellaire FY2024 Budget – August 7, 2023
- Methodist Application Goes To City Council on July 17, 2023
- No More Free Garbage Bags? Uh Oh…
- Two Dog Pounds! Problem Solved.
- Please Take The City’s Survey!
- P&Z: Bellaire High & The Sign Ordinance – Solar Panels – Proposed CIP
- What’s Next For The Methodist Hospital Application?
- May/June 2023 Meetings – Methodist Application – Noise/Lighting Regulations – Comprehensive Plan
- Bellaire – Is It Time To Go Back to Basics? Sounds Like A Plan!
- Upcoming Public Hearings At City Council on May 15, 2023
- Can You Find A Few Hours Each Week To Serve On City Council?
- How Would Bellaire Residents Feel About A Mini Ashby Highrise?
- A Short Primer on Bellaire’s Planning and Zoning
- City Council on April 17, 2023 – Speed Bumps, Solar Panels, And Outdoor Lighting
- Planning and Zoning Approves Methodist Application
- Bellaire Triangle Owners Offer $1.00 For Mapleridge Between Bellaire Blvd and Bissonnet
- An Opinion Piece – A Methodist Building In Center Of Town? Or Worse?
- Methodist Hospital P&Z Presentation Of March 9, 2023
- Positive Developments Ongoing At Bellaire City Hall
- Busy Bellaire P&Z Meetings Reveal Possible Application From Methodist And Ordinance Updates For Noise And Lighting
- Letter To City Council Re Bellaire Dog Pound
- Mayor Friedberg’s State Of The City Report, February 6, 2023
- First Report From Ardurra Group Hired To Oversee Regional Drainage Program for Bellaire
- Bellaire Dog Pound Proposal To Be Presented To City Council At The Jan. 23, 2023 Meeting
- Bellaire Is Due To Receive Over $3 Million In Grants
- ESB – Possible Proposal For Solar Panels On City Hall
- Happy Holidays!
- City Council Held A Workshop On The Proposed Bellaire Dog Pound
- O’Reilly Auto Parts Plans To Rebuild
- Councilmember’s Proposal For A Workshop On Zoning Is Sidelined
- HISD Requests Variances For Sign Ordinances: Now Scheduled for October 20, 2022
- FY2023 City Of Bellaire Budget Approved
- Houston Methodist Architect’s Presentation For A PD On The Randalls Site
- Big Plans For The Old Randall’s Space
- Renovation Plans For The Bellaire Triangle
- Proposed Budget FY2023 – Q&A Items You Can Review
- It’s Budget Time In Bellaire! Find The Proposed Budget, Also Plans for World Trade Center Artifact
- Harris County Flood Control District: Tunnel Visions
- Bellaire Hires A New City Manager
- A Softball Toss To A Commercial Developer?
- We Lost A Valued Member Of Our Community Today, Kathy Ballanfant
- It Looks Like We’re In For A Long, Hot Summer
- HISD Baseball Field Layout and Conditions – November 2, 2020
- P&Z Public Hearing: A Mixed Use Development Is Proposed In The UV-T
- How Are Things Going In The UV-D District?
- Bellaire P&Z’s Discussion About Questionable Zoning Ordinances
- City Notice: Flood Risk Management in Bellaire Workshop Information
- Discussion On Flood Mitigation At The April 4, 2022, City Council Meeting
- Urban Renewal? PDs For 4800 Fournace & 5901 South Rice Avenue Are Approved
- P&Z Hearing March 10, 2022, For 5201 Bellaire Blvd
- PDs on Fournace & South Rice Were The Subject of A Third Council Meeting
- ChristChurch Presbyterian in Bellaire Is For Sale
- State of the City of Bellaire
- Why Are We Really Losing City Staff? What Should We Expect From Management and City Council?
- Variance Request For SW Corner of Bissonnet @ Loop 610 – Update and Public Information Request
- Master Drainage Concept Plan for City of Bellaire – UPDATE – Preliminary Cost is $335 Million
- City Council Election And More Possible Changes At City Hall
- P&Z Wll Consider 3 PD Applications For The NBSDD, The Former Chevron Site
- A Few Of Bellaire’s Many Comprehensive Plans
- Trying To Deconstruct The Bellaire City Budget
- North Bellaire Special Development District Updates
- Loss Of The 15% Discount For Flood Insurance – How And When Did This Happen?
- Any Thoughts On Short Term Rentals In Bellaire?
- Bellaire Church of Christ Requests Additional Parking Spaces For A Lot On South Rice
- Some Thoughts On The Orations By Members Of City Council Re The Proposed NBSDD
- UPDATE on Public Hearing Before City Council – Proposed Zoning For The Old Texaco/Chevron Property
- Bellaire City Library’s 70th Anniversary!
- The Parking Lot At 4300 Bellaire Blvd Will Soon Be Gone!
- The Next Step For SLS Properties (The Old Chevron Property)
- Another Last Minute Request For Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars
- Bellaire’s Timeline For Water Service + CenterPoint Update 2-19-2021
- Update on NBSDD Public Hearing on January 14, 2021
- North Bellaire Special Development District – The Great Wide Open!
- Why Would Bellaire Pay Over $400,000 For Building Officials?
- The City Of Bellaire Is Now Dealing With Another Lawsuit
- Is Bellaire Ready For The Cost, Uncertainty Of Turning Over Wastewater Treatment To Houston And Demolition Of Our Wastewater Treatment Plant?
- No Logo, No Welcome Sign – Just A Parking Lot At The Main Entrance To The City Of Bellaire?
- HISD UPDATE FOR BELLAIRE HIGH BASEBALL FIELDS
- A Semi-Brief History of Evelyn’s Park: 1908 – 2020
- City Council in November: HISD Ball Fields, Bellaire Blvd Parking Lot, Debt Reduction, And A Search For A City Manager
- A Lawsuit, HISD Fields, Our WWTP.2, The Siemens Contract, And Evelyn’s Park. Good grief!
- September In The City! Our Wastewater Plant, The AT&T Property, The HISD Ball Fields, And The Bellaire Blvd Parking Lot!
- Another Developer Wants A Variance – For 1.99 Acres on Bissonnet @ 610
- What’s The Point Of Our Urban Village-Downtown?
- P&Z Hearing 8/13/20 – Update 9/4/20 – The Parking Lot At 4300 Bellaire Boulevard
- Not Interested In Bellaire’s Proposed FY2021 Budget? How About A $6 Million Dollar Dog Pound?
- A Primer on Bellaire P&Z: Updates, A 30 ft Minimum Height And A Zero Setback!
- Can We Just Stop This And Reboot? Save Our Businesses And Our Commercial Area?
- 51 Trees May Be Removed From The Gordon Elementary Campus
- A Status Construction Owner Spoke At City Council
- City Council Is Back In City Hall, And Back In Action!
- Catching Up With Bellaire – As We Sheltered At Home
- South Rice Avenue In Front Of City Hall – Do We Have To Live With This?